Affordable housing compliance specialist who will be responsible for administering affordable housing units within a luxury New York City residential portfolio. The candidate will also work with the Collections Department assisting in Landlord Tenant actions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor changes in Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) regulations and requirements and implement changes as indicated.
- Maintain tenant files of all properties in compliance with LIHTC regulations.
- Liaison with monitoring agencies NYCHDC, NYCHPD and NYSHCR for compliance and reporting.
- Monitor annual recertification for affordable units, prepare all Tenant Income Certification submissions (TICS).
- Responsible for affordable unit transfers, re-renting vacant affordable units and maintaining lease up and transfer waitlists.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports and audit reports as required.
- Perform internal audits of tenant files.
- Participate in initial lease-up of new properties in conjunction with consultants and agencies.
- Remain current with all agency required compliance documents and trainings.
- Process low income rent payments received from all sources such as tenants, subsidies and wires.
- Responsible for monitoring and tracking affordable housing collections.
- Commence legal actions for nonpayment of rent (affordable and market rate units), commence holdovers for nuisance complaints, failure to renew the lease or vacate the apartment etc.
- Work with property management to resolve tenant issues with regards to affordable tenants.
- Additional tasks as required.
- 4-year college degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of NYC affordable housing and compliance.
- Knowledge of Fair Housing practices, NYC Rent Stabilization Law, Rent Guidelines Board and Americans with Disabilities Act a must.
- Working knowledge of Low Income Housing Tax Credits, Section 8, HPD and DHCR.
- Possess strong organizational skills and a detail-oriented approach with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of landlord/tenant collections & eviction process a plus.
- Ability to interact effectively with applicants, residents and with colleagues.
- Ability to stay organized and multitask in a high volume, fast paced environment required.
- Successful completion of LIHTC training including a passing score on the exam.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- On-Site, Yardi, Building Link, Nestio a plus.