Rockrose follows a multi-disciplinary approach to planning a new development. As a premier owner-builder with a focus on quality, we work with a vast array of world-renowned architects, consultants, engineers and contractors, and take a global view of development from inception and design through the entire construction process.
We carefully consider and select our talent, maintain daily oversight of our construction and budget, and consult closely with our internal marketing and management teams throughout planning to ensure that our buildings are conceived and constructed to meet our ultra-high standards.
Thanks to our unique and exacting methods, Rockrose’s highly-trained and experienced team of professionals has not only set milestones for design and construction phases, but have collectively built several million square feet of exceptional residential and commercial buildings.
Rockrose has expertise handling both adaptive reuse and “ground up” construction. We collaborate with our consultants, subcontractors and management to create projects with the end user in mind, always adhering to our commitment to quality and architectural excellence.
The Rockrose tradition of architectural, design and construction excellence has spanned several decades. From the award-winning residential conversion of the Archive building into 479 loft apartments, to the ground-up construction of the 394-unit building, 4705 Center Boulevard in Long Island City, we remain one of the largest producers of rental housing in New York, with an impressive portfolio of thoughtfully-designed, industry-recognized buildings.
Other Rockrose construction includes ground-up residential 80/20 projects at 41 River Terrace (multiple design and construction award winner) and 100 Jane Street, as well as the 579-unit conversion of 200 Water Street. We have also been active in the office arena, constructing the 60-story trophy building Carnegie Hall Tower with architect Cesar Pelli.
Our Roster of Design Awards include:
- 2003 Boston Society of Architects Honor Award for Design - Tribeca Pointe
- 2001 American Institute of Architects AIA/HUD Secretary’s Mixed-Use/Mixed Income Development Award - Tribeca Pointe
- 2000 American Institute of Architects New York City Award for Excellence - Tribeca Pointe
- 2000 American Institute of Architects New York State Award for Excellence - Tribeca Pointe
- 2000 American Institute of Architects New York Chapter Architecture Award - Tribeca Pointe
- 1999 The Municipal Arts Society of NY New York Preservation Award Design Achievement - The Archive